Sensational Smiles’ Holiday RecipePosted Dec 09, 2013 in Holidays
The team at Sensational Smiles knows that Holiday “goodie” recipes are normally far from healthy. But there are healthier options out there. Here is a recipe we came across in the cyber-world, loaded with omega three fatty acids from such ingredient as flax seeds and coconut oil. Let us know how you like it. Happy Baking!
Holiday Apple Crisps – Makes 15 snack servings
6 apples, washed, cored, diced
½ cup apple juice
½ cup maple syrup
2 cups rolled oats
2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 tablespoon butter/coconut oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 teaspoon flax seeds
1/3 cup raisins
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
2. Lightly oil the bottom of baking pan with coconut oil.
3. Spread apples evenly in the pan and add apple juice.
4. In a bowl combine maple syrup, rolled oats, flax seeds, raisins, vanilla and cinnamon.
5. Fold in softened butter/coconut oil until combined. There should be no large chunks.
6. Press dry ingredients on top of the apple mixture.
7. Cook uncovered for 35-40 minutes.